Solar Power for Landowners
Lease Your Land to a Solar Company
When you’re a landowner, you’re faced with a challenging question: What’s the best use of this land for myself and my investment goals? Single-family and multi-family homes require a ton of oversight on construction, and then you’re tasked with playing landlord yourself or finding a competent manager. Commercial builds have their own risks, and their revenue generation depends on factors mostly out of your control. The answer to your question? Consider leasing your land to a solar company or building your own solar farm.
If you have land in New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, or Ohio, call Solar Liberty at (866) 807-3639 or contact us online for a free solar evaluation to explore your property’s potential.
Benefits of Leasing Your Northeast US Land to Solar Liberty
If your land is located in New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, or Ohio, look to Solar Liberty for a reliable company to whom you can lease your land. Some of the benefits you can enjoy include:
- No out-of-pocket costs as we are designing and installing the system.
- A long-term, steady income from the lease.
- The return of your land in good condition for whatever use you choose next.
We are committed to being excellent stewards of your land, with our dedication backed by almost 20 years of industry experience.
How It Works
Leasing your land to a company like Solar Liberty can seem intimidating, but we are upfront and clear about our process for your peace of mind.
- We work with you to determine the ideal area for a solar farm and evaluate it for suitability.
- We then work with you and the nearby communities as well as state or federal authorities to develop a plan that benefits you and minimizes impact in your area.
- The permitting phase can be variable, but as New York’s number one solar installer, Solar Liberty has the expertise to shorten this window significantly compared to competitors.
- Once we’ve obtained the necessary permits, our experienced, trained, and NABCEP-certified installers set up the system on your land and connect it to the grid.
From there, you simply collect your profits from the previously unused land. Call Solar Liberty at (866) 807-3639 with any questions, or get in touch online to start the process.
Solar Could Be Your New Crop
Would you rather build your own solar farm rather than lease your land? Solar Liberty can help with that, too, with our expert team of designers and installers ready to build the ideal energy system for your goals.
Benefits of Owning Your Own Solar Farm
Why own your own solar farm? Here are just a few of the benefits to expect:
- You’ll own your energy-producing assets.
- You can use the energy you produce to power buildings or facilities on the land.
- You have the option to store your energy for later use.
- You can sell your harvested energy to the grid.
- You’ll be able to maintain complete control over your solar farm.
- Solar Liberty will handle any new tax burden imposed, making sure you are comfortable and well taken care of.
Does that sound good to you? Call Solar Liberty at (866) 807-3639 to learn more about the costs and potential profit associated with owning a solar farm on your own land.
FAQs on Large Land Plot Solar Farms
Who maintains the solar farm on my leased land?
You are not responsible for maintenance. The solar company you leased to will perform maintenance and repairs as required and as they see fit while you continue to profit from the lease.
Are there incentives for building and owning a solar farm?
Yes. The solar investment tax credit can offset the investment cost, and there may be other local incentives specific to your state.
Get a Free Quote on Starting Your New Solar Farm in NY, PA, VT & OH
Don’t waste the potential of your unused Northeastern U.S. land. Get a free evaluation from Solar Liberty on leasing your land to us, or using your land to build your own solar farm.