This historic school energy program—the largest multi-agency solar buying consortium project in the United States—inspires the next generation of energy leaders and helps schools statewide to save money and lower their carbon footprints. School districts in 59 of New York State’s 62 counties (more than ⅓ of the schools in the state) have joined the K-Solar Program.
- Services are provided at no cost to your district.
- We collaborate with school staff to determine if facilities are suitable for solar.
- We estimate costs, capacity, and savings.
- We assist in developing a cost-effective arrangement with the solar installation and operation vendors selected for this program.
- We offer teacher workshops and solar-related STEM curricula (in science, technology, engineering, and math) for the school districts